Thursday, July 29, 2010

Life is good

So, today I was able to use my coupon magic to save more than I spent (at Rite Aid, CVS, and Vons)! I am pretty dang excited. Even Tom was impressed (although didn't think he really needed 24 disposable razors...). I feel like I am making some great progress in my ability to find and utilize the deals and save money. Woot. I'd also like to give a shoutout to my coupon/money saving helper, my mom. Thanks mom! 


Here comes the fun part...and really the reason I have not blogged much recently (are you excited? I sure am!). So, I have not been posting because I have this HUGE news (well huge for me) that I want to share, but couldn't (since you never know who is reading), but at this point the people I'd be mostly concerned about already know so I can't do TOO much more damage. 


**Drum Roll**


I am one interview away from a new job with Kaiser Permanente! I applied about 6 weeks ago and have been waiting and answering questions and waiting and then interviewing and waiting and answering more questions! Whew! Well, now I just have one more interview (with 3 administrators) and then hopefully (cross your fingers and toes) they will make me an offer I can't refuse. :) If not, it really isn't the end of the world since I do love my job. But it would be nice to work in a company that offers promotions and rewards efforts (unlike the County). So, I am pretty excited. Also, I know this would be a fairly significant bump in salary (with great benefits too)! An all around win-win. 


Well, not total win. It will not be so happy leaving my bosses and co-workers I admire so much (also my heart office-decorated by Tom for the proposal) and my wonderful hours. But life goes on and I am excited to see where this will lead. So, if you pray, send a prayer up around 1:30 (PST) on Monday afternoon, and if not I still appreciate well wishes and your thoughts! 


Now that the cat is out of the bag, I will be sure to update you as soon as I am able. Thank you for tolerating my absence and I am sure to resume regular blogging. :) 

1 comment: