Monday, May 31, 2010

The Lucky One

I'm not sure if I have really taken the time with you all to share how lucky I am to have Tom as my hubby-to-be. I thought about this as I was sitting here reveling in how good he was to me this weekend (more like especially this weekend). So, if you'll allow (well, even if you don't), I'd like to share just some of the reasons I feel so blessed. 


Let me just start by saying that I have been sick just about all weekend (oh goody), and was sick just a couple weekends ago as well (fortunately, the cold took a vacation for my birthday weekend at Disneyland). Now, Disneyland, there is a reason I am so lucky. Tom is not a fan of Disney (well, wasn't prior to the trip) and still gave me a 3-day trip there for my birthday. It was absolutely fabulous! Anyway, back to this weekend...I have been sick and he has taken beyond good care of me the entire time. No whining or anything. In fact, I rarely had to ask for anything. He continued to assess my needs and ask me if I needed anything. It was truly a blessing. So, I would like to list all the things he has done just this weekend: 


I will start on Friday (part of the weekend in my book...): 
1. The way the plans were looking, I was not going to get to see him, and was already starting to feel pretty crappy (I had work stuff during lunch, the CCW course, and then housesitting). So, what does my man do? He calls and asks if he can take me to dinner before my class to have a chance to hang out...but of course! So, he takes me to sushi, and kisses me goodbye before class. Really...doesn't get much better than that. 


2. As if #1 wasn't enough...at around 8:30 we were let out for a break from the course and I had a text from Tom telling me to look before I drive. Well, of course, I can't wait until it is time to leave. I must know why I need to look! So, I go out to my car (I walked, but wanted to run...) and on my windshield, I find this cute little book, The two of US, Why i'm nuts about you. It is adorable! Each page has a cute little saying about why he loves me like he does, with a photo of these two chimps. 
Here is one of my favorite pages in the book. In case you can't read it, it says: It's true. There are endless reasons why being with you makes me happy. 


Okay, so let's move on to Saturday. Saturday was the worst as far as being sick. I really was quite miserable! Achy, feverish, coughing, sore throat, sneezing, sniffling, etc. The worst cold symptoms plus body aches. YUCK! Anyway, here we go:
1. He gave up his entire Saturday, told his friends and parents it was our time and he was booked. If you know Tom, you know this means a LOT. Instead, we spent the entire day (and I do mean the entire day 9am to 10pm, minus one errand I needed to run) on his couch, catching up on our favorite TV shows through hulu. As I type this, I think I may have mentioned it before, but oh well...
2. At around lunch time I needed to go to the post office to deal with the property management company and to ship some mail to the folks I'm housesitting for. He gladly joined me and even though to pick up boxes for my grandparents, the Lanes. Then he took me to the Crepe Cafe (one of our faves) for a fruit crepe for lunch. 
3. During the day, at random intervals, he would rub my feet and legs, or shoulder and neck. Definitely when it was requested and a number of times in between. Also, getting up for me to get me something to drink or moving the pillows and blankets and always asking to make sure I was as comfortable as I could be. 
4. Later that evening, he left and picked me up some Taco Bell (my favorite when I'm sick). While out picking this up, he stopped at the store and got me some TheraFlu and flowers! Is this man good or what? The flowers are beautiful red, white, and blue with a cute flag in them. It was completely unexpected and a wonderful surprise and ending to a day that could have been miserable. This picture hardly does them justice, but you get the idea. 
Sunday I had to miss our regular lunch with the Lanes, but he went anyway (1.). He knows how much it means to them (and me) and I know it made their day. :) 
2. He was kind enough  to go out of his way to bring me back lunch since I didn't go out for it. And then to hang out with me until it was time for him to leave for Hash. (I sat around all day in my PJs watching WE TV, Yay for wedding sundays!) 
3. After hash he went to dewars to get me a Peppermint Ice Milk Shake...Yum (he even bought this cute little gumball that had frosting smilies because he thought I would like it)! And definitely soothing for my sore throat. AND went to get me more Taco Bell. He brought them to me and just hung out watching TV with me until I was ready to go to bed (at which point he had to ride his motorcycle home). 


Monday was another great day, his mom had offered to make breakfast (although wanted labor after). He was very understanding when I said that was a no go for me, since I still wasn't feeling well. I did end up joining them later and he was sweet as pie, affectionate, and gave me kisses (I sure hope he doesn't catch this)! After he joined me for dinner at my parent's house, even though i know he was absolutely exhausted. He was wonderful, let me cuddle on him while we all watched Cake Boss (not as good as Ace of Cakes, I think). 


And to be honest, it's not like I can even say this weekend is a once in a blue moon ordeal (not that it happens every weekend), but he is like this on a fairly regular basis. How many ladies are lucky enough to find that? I really am blessed and feel truly luck to have found this amazing man who loves me enough to do all this (plus a lot more). I just wanted to share and give the man some props for all his efforts, he really is amazing to me and I love him more than I can say. Thank you all for tolerating my book of a blog and allowing me to share with you the joy I experience with Tom. :) Tom, if you're reading this, thank you for being such an amazing guy and for being so good to me! I appreciate it more than you could know. :)


Head-Over-Heels for Tom,
Amy :)


P.S. Mom and I are meeting with House of Flowers tomorrow and looking forward to sharing how that goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment