Thursday, May 20, 2010

Feels like a Friday

Isn't it Friday already? I was really kind of hoping it was. Perhaps that is why I have felt in a funk all day. My brain is disappointed that is still not quite Friday. Amazing how the name of a day can have such an impact on my day. At least tomorrow it will be true! But for now, I will appreciate and enjoy what is left of my Thursday and share my not-so-random thoughts with you! 


I wish I could say today was at least productive, but it wasn't. Perhaps this is also due to my brain thinking it was (or at least should have been) Friday. After all, what good is a Friday if not for being unproductive? :D I got called out of a meeting I facilitate to run a report for my not-so-organized boss, but was able to "save the day" which is a good thing I think. After that, I really wasn't much good to anyone for anything. It was like my body and brain both decided I was tired and done for the day. Oh well, at least every day isn't so funky. I will make up for it tomorrow! 


In other news, I got to paint my cake topper so the bride's hair matched mine and changed the colors of the flowers as well as a few other remote details. This is normally not something I would be at all good at, but I think I did alright. Not perfect by any stretch, but it is close enough that it will work. :) I really wanted to finish it tonight since I am meeting with the cake people tomorrow, and I figure having that for them to see will help in the design of the cake.


I'm also getting excited about my upcoming birthday trip to Disneyland! YAY! And I need to go look at the passport and other information to be sure we are not only getting the biggest bang for our buck, but also allowing for the most time to enjoy both parks at our leisure. Disneyland is so much better when you don't have to rush from ride to ride. 


Well, I guess there is no better time than the present and I should hop to it. At least I will be able to say I was productive in one aspect today, and that should enough. 


Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite! 

2 comments: