Sunday, June 13, 2010

Speedy weekends gone by

Why is it that weekends always seem to go so much faster than weekdays. *sigh* At least it was an awesome (illness free) weekend! Saturday we spent most of the day at Tom's parents house. Tom built them a planter in t backyard out of cinderblocks (quite heavy, I might add) and I set up a drip-line for his mom's plants. Both projects got done and I think his parents appreciated the assistance. After is when the fun started!


Tom had earlier "won" Wine Fest tickets from a local radio AM talk show host (who I think was really just trying to get him to stop arguing with him). lol Either way, they were free tickets to an awesome event, which we thoroughly enjoyed on Saturday night. My parents also attended so we spent some of the time wandering with them, but mostly just enjoying ourselves and wandering into other random friends. I, unlike usual, drank too much! Although, I did have a ball, and Tom was safely my driver so it all turned out just fine and dandy (no hangover even).


Today, I got to see my long time friends Beth and Jim Linder. Jim is being deployed to Iraq in July, so it was nice to be able to catch up with them both before he leaves (they are stationed in OK).


It really has been a very nice weekend, full of fun times with family and friends. I also think I got a bit more of a tan helping out his mom...yay! But, it is now 10:30 and I need to go to bed so I can be awake tomorrow! Sweet dreams everyone!


Wino-In-Training,
Amy :)

1 comment: